domingo, 13 de enero de 2013

Stana Katic & Jimmy Kimmel (2010)


                              ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR0kMOJnp8c )
Jimmy: Well, Stana, you look great and you smell really great too.  (Bien, Stana, te ves genial, y hueles genial también)
Stana: Great. I’m glad. (Genial. Me alegro.)
Jimmy: OK, as a Canadian, which Thanksgiving day do you celebrate? Because there’s a whole different Thanksgiving there, there isn’t there? (Bien. Como canadiense,  ¿qué día de Acción de Gracias celebras? Porque hay una gran diferencia del día de Acción de Gracias, ¿verdad?)
Stana: Yeah, they celebrate… (Oh) Canadian Thanksgiving day is on October. (Sí, celebran… (Oh) Acción de Gracias en Canadá es en octubre.)
Jimmy: Weird! (¡Qué raro!)    
Stana: Why?! (¿¡Por qué?!)
(Laughs) (Risas)
Jimmy: It’s just different, so we consider everything different weird. Yeah. But is it like... is it like arabs? I mean, you have like Turkey…? (Es diferente, así que consideramos raro todo lo diferente. Sí. Pero, ¿es como… es como los árabes? Quiero decir, ¿tenéis como Turkey…?) – (Referencia al Turkey day)
Stana: Yeah, the Turkey, and everybody gathers around and and they all food together and everything. It’s fun. (Sí, el Turkey, y todo el mundo se reúne y comen juntos y todo eso. Es divertido.)
Jimmy: It’s interesting you have a Turkey. Do you think that was copied from Arab Turkey thing? (Es interesante que tengáis el “Turkey day”. ¿Crees que fue copiado de Turkey de los árabes?)
Stana: I really… (Laughs) (Realmente…) (Risas)
Jimmy: I wonder. (Me lo pregunto.)
Stana: Cause native Americans only existed in the US. (Porque solamente los nativos americanos existían en Estados Unidos)
Jimmy: Right. Exactly. That’s what I’m saying. (Bien. Exacto. Eso es lo que estoy diciendo.)
Well. They wouldn’t be natives Americans if they’re in another country, wouldn’t they? (Bueno, no serían americanos nativos si estuviesen en otra ciudad, ¿verdad?)
They’d be native Canadians.  (Serían nativos canadienses.)
So, you do both of them? Or how do you…? (Entonces, ¿tú celebras los dos?¿o cómo…?)
Stana: Yeah... My Canadian Thanksgiving experience consisted of… (oh) I was working at the time, so I just Twittered a photo with this Canadian hockey helmet and a big thumbs up. That was it. (Sí… My día de Acción de Gracias canadiense consistió en… (oh) En aquel momento estaba trabajando, así que Twittee una foto con ese gorro canadiense y una aprobación (levanta el pulgar))
Jimmy: Very traditional! (¡Muy tradicional!)
Stana: Yeah, it was awesome (sí, fue increíble.)
Jimmy: You, I know you speak 5 languages, which is very impressive. You speak Canadian, you speak American, what are the other ones?  (Tú, sé que hablas 5 lenguas, lo cual es impresionant. Hablas canadiense, hablas americano, ¿Cuáles son las demás?)
(Laughs) (Risas)
Stana: Anyway. I speak Italian, French and Serbo-Croatian, which ends up being like four or five languages on its own. (De todos modos… Hablo italiano, francés y serbo-croata, lo que terminan siendo cuatro o cinco lenguas.)
Jimmy: And which is your main language? Is English, right? (¿Y cual es tu idioma principal? El inglés, ¿no?)
Stana: English, yeah yeah. (El inglés, sí, sí.)
Jimmy: So... like you dream in English you dream in other…? (Así que… igual que sueñas en inglés sueñas en otras…?)
Stana: It depends, actually, you know like if you’re off and you’re in another country for a little while then you’ll start dreaming in that language cause that’s what you’re speaking with in people. (En realidad, depende, si estás de vacaciones y estás en otro país durante un tiempo, empezarás a soñar en esa lengua, porque es como te comunicas con la gente.)
Jimmy: Really? (¿En serio?)
Stana: Yeah! (¡Sí!)
Jimmy: That’s kind of cool! (¡Eso es bastante guay!)
Stana: Yeah! (¡Sí!)
Jimmy: And which is the best to use profanity? Do you switch to… (¿Y qué es lo mejor para usar palabrotas?)
Stana: Oh, man! (Oh) The one with the rolling r’s you know. (Oh… la de la eliminación de las r-s, ¿sabes?)
Jimmy: Which one is that? (¿Cual es esa?)
Stana: (Oh) That’s Serbian-Croatian (Esa es la serbo-croata)
Jimmy: Give us one good crossword. I wonder […] (Danos un buen crucigrama/frase. Me pregunto si alguien lo conseguirá)
Stana: Am I allowed to? (¿Me está permitido?)
Jimmy: I think so. I don’t know. I mean, let’s see what happens. (Supongo. No lo sé. Quiero decir, veamos qué pasa…)
Stana: ***********
(Laughs) (Risas)
Jimmy: That must be very bad! What did you say? (¡Eso tiene que ser muy malo!¿qué has dicho?)
Stana: I said ‘I love you Jimmy Kimmel’. (He dicho “te quiero Jimmy Kimmel”)
Jimmy: Oh! That’s very nice! There’s nothing profane about that at all! (¡Oh!¡Eso es muy bonito!¡No hay nada profano en eso, en absoluto!)
(Laughs) (Risas)
Jimmy: Well, that must have been really really bad for as much as you’re blushing. (Eso debe de haber sido muy muy malo con todo lo que te estás avergonzando)
Stana: Yeah, it was… (Sí, lo era…)
Jimmy: How did you get the job on Castle? It was your firstly big thing, right? (¿Cómo conseguiste el trabajo en Castle?, ¿era tu primer gran trabajo, no?)
Stana: Yeah. I auditioned like nine times, then it came down to myself and another girl and we did an screening test. And it was one of those things where I was travelling back and forth from a place where I was living which is about an hour-an hour and half away, and I came in and I brought the wrong shirt, I brought this long tunic top. And this sounds really girly but eventually it will make sense. Um… and I got in and hair and makeup does their deal and everything and I’m like “I’ll just figure it out when we’re in the studio”. So I tried to tuck it, tried to make it work and it’s not working and I turned to the makeup lady and I go “hey, you’ve pair of scissors?” And she’s like “Yeah, sure, here”. And I walked outside and there’s Nathan, who’s my co-star, who play’s Richard Castle on the show, and he’s having a cup of coffee, and I’m like “Hey, what are you doing?” – He’s like “Oh, nothing much, just getting a cup of coffee, do you wanna run lines?” and I’m like “No! But speaking of lines, can you cut a straight line?” And he’s like “I can’t promise anything, but what are we talking about?”.  I go, “here’s a pair of scissors, here’s my shirt, I need you cut it shorter”. And he gave me this fantastic look and he just started at it and he cut my shirt all short and proper so I could tuck it in, producers came out in the middle of it and I got the job.  (Sí, hice una audición como nueve veces, y luego se redujo a mí y a otra chica, e hicimos una prueba. Y fue una de esas cosas en las que estaba viajando de ida y vuelta desde el lugar en el que vivía, el cual estaba como a una hora o a hora y media. Y entré, y me había confundido de camisa, me traje una camisa larga. Y esto suena muy femenino, pero al final tiene sentido. Um… me arreglé el pelo, me maquillé y todo eso y dije “lo resolveremos cuando esté en el estudio”. Así que traté de plegarlo/meterlo, traté de hacerlo, pero no funcionaba, y me giré hacia la maquilladora y le dije “¿Tienes unas tijeras?” y me dijo, “Sí, por supuesto, toma”. Y salí de la habitación y allí estaba Nathan (my co-estrella, quién interpreta a Richard Castle en la serie), y tenía una taza de café, y le dije, “Ey, ¿qué estás haciendo?”. Y él dijo, “Oh, no mucho, solamente tomándome un café, ¿quieres rodar algunas líneas?” y le dije “No, pero hablando de líneas, ¿puedes cortar una línea recta?”. Y él contestó “no puedo prometer nada, pero, ¿de qué estamos hablando?”. Y le dije, “toma estas tijeras, coge mi camiseta, necesito que la cortes”. Y él me lanzó esa mirada fantástica y cortó mi camisa y todo perfecto para que pudiera meterla. Luego los productores aparecieron en medio de eso y conseguí el trabajo.)
Jimmy: Wow! That’s good thinking! Turn a man into your tailor and then you’ve got the man in the palm of your hand. (¡Wow! ¡Eso está  bien pensado! Convierte a un hombre en tu sastre y lo tendrás comiendo de la palma de tu mano.)
You guys have some big guest stars on the show this season. (Tenéis grandes invitados esta temporada en la serie.)
Stana: Yeah, we do. We had… (Sí, tuvimos a…)
Jimmy: … and yet you’ve got a star that’s bigger than all of them. (… y habéis tenido a una estrella mucho más grande que todos ellos)
Stana: Who is? (¿Quién es?)
Jimmy: Probably combine.
Stana: Jimmy Kimmel!!! Are you coming on it? (¡¿Jimmy Kimeel?! ¿Vas a venir?)
Jimmy: What do you mean? You don’t remember when we worked together? (¿Qué quieres decir?¿no te acuerdas de cuando trabajamos juntos?)
Stana: Oh, that’s right, you interrogated me, it was terrifying. (Oh, es cierto, me interrogaste, era aterrador.)
Jimmy: In this amazing clip. (En este increíble video)
                Castle:  Where’s Beckett? (¿Dónde está Beckett?)
                Jimmy: Oh, I’m sorry. Guys, that’s too bright.
                Beckett: Where’s Castle? (¿Dónde está Castle?)
                Jimmy: He’s right there. You have to wait a second for your eyes to just get the light. I apologize.  (Está justo ahí. Vas a tener que esperar un poco para que tus ojos se acostumbren a la luz. Lo siento.)
                Beckett: Who are you?! Identify yourself. (¿¡Quién eres!? Identifícate.)
                Jimmy: I am Jimmy Kammel. I am a culture host. (Soy Jimmy Kammel. Soy el anfitrión.)
                Beckett: I’m an NYPD detective. (Soy una detective de la policía de NY)
                Jimmy: Yes, I know you’re an NYPD detective. That’s why I abducted you, because I’m trying to find something. (Sí, ya sé que eres detective de la policía de NY. Por eso os he abducido, porque estoy tratando de encontrar algo.)
                Castle: We don’t have it.  (No lo tenemos)
                Jimmy: I haven’t even told you what it’s yet. I’m trying to find out where it is, where in the world is, where is. (Ni siquiera os he dicho aún qué es. Estoy tratando de encontrar donde está, en qué parte está, dónde)
                Beckett: Where is what?! (¿¡Dónde está qué!?)
                Jimmy: That’s what I’m trying to tell you. (Eso es lo que intento decir)
                Beckett: A women who thought that she was abducted by aliens? (¿Una mujer que pensaba que había sido abducida por aliens?)
                Jimmy: No. That’s ridiculous. It’s not a person. It’s a… (No. Eso es ridículo. No es una persona. Es…)
                Castle:  What about JFK? (¿Qué hay de JFK?)
                Jimmy: No, it’s not a person. Listen. I just said it’s not a person. (No, no es una persona, ya he dicho que no es una persona.)
                Castle: Mafia and Castro? (¿Mafia y Castro?)
                Jimmy: It’s not a person. OK? Not a person. (No es una persona, ¿vale?, no es una persona)
                Castle: […]
                Jimmy: Would you stop guessing, please? No more guesses alright? You’re out of guesses. (¿Podrías parar de dar ideas, por favor? No más ideas, ¿vale? Se acabaron las ideas.)
                Castle: Is this the part where you bring the..
                Jimmy: No. This is the part where I bring out my old uncle Frank. (No, es la parte en la que traigo a mi tio Frank)
                X: Hey Jim! (¡Hola Jim!)
                Jimmy: Hey uncle Frank! Good acting. (¡Hola tío Frank! Buena actuación)
                Castle: Whatever you guys are looking for, we don’t know where it is. (Lo que sea que estéis buscando, no sabemos dónde está)
                Jimmy: You don’t even know what it is because you don’t listen. You guys are the worst detectives ever. (Ni siquiera sabéis qué es, porque no escucháis. Sois los peores detectives nunca vistos.)
                […]

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario